Overpopulation is one of the most important problems facing humanity today. Our planet’s health and wellness is being affected by the overpopulation of people on the planet. Overpopulation affects all of us as scarcity of food will increase, pollution will increase and global warming becomes even more of a problem.
A conclusion is a short paragraph that discusses the overall results of an experimental procedure and explains whether the proposed hypothesis at the beginning of the experiment was correct or not. Here is an example of an experiment that explains more about this topic.Aug 11, 2016
Avoid phrases like "in conclusion," "to conclude," "in summary," and "to sum up." These phrases can be useful--even welcome--in oral presentations. But readers can see, by the tell-tale compression of the pages, when an essay is about to end. You'll irritate your audience if you belabor the obvious.
Most conclusion paragraphs are four to five sentences long and should average between 50–75 words. They should be long enough to get your point across, but short enough that you're not rehashing every idea you've ever had on the subject. Conclusion paragraphs begin by revisiting the main idea definition.
Overpopulation is one of the most important problems facing humanity today. Our planet's health and wellness is being affected by the overpopulation of people on the planet. Overpopulation affects all of us as scarcity of food will increase, pollution will increase and global warming becomes even more of a problem.
The last section of an academic essay is the conclusion. The conclusion should reaffirm your answer to the question, and briefly summarise key arguments. Finally, draw together the question, the evidence in the essay body, and the conclusion. This way the reader knows that you have understood and answered the question.
The Most Important Do and Don't of College Essay Endings
- DO: End in the action. End right after your pivot, or key moment.
- DON'T: Summarize. Here's your challenge: don't ever say the point of your essay.
- Go full circle.
- Directly address the college.
What to include in a conclusion
- End the essay on a positive note.
- Communicate the importance of your ideas and the subject matter.
- Provide the reader with a sense of closure.
- Reiterate and summarize your main points.
- Rephrase and then restate your thesis statement.
Teaching Paragraph Writing: Conclusions
- Explain the Purpose of a Conclusion Sentence.
- Focus on Re-wording the Topic Sentence.
- Use a Different Type of Sentence from the Topic Sentence.
- Make an Opinion Statement.
- Teach Optional Conclusion Transition Words.
- Conclusion Corrections.
The conclusion paragraph of an expository essay is an author's last chance to create a good impression. Concluding Paragraph:
- Begin with a topic sentence that reflects the argument of the thesis statement.
- Briefly summarize the main points of the paper.
- Provide a strong and effective close for the paper.
Other Ways to Say ” In Conclusion”
- In summary, After all is said and done,
- All in all, All things considered,
- As a result, As a final observation,
- At the end of the day, Briefly to conclude,
- Bringing up rear, By and large,
- Considering all of these, Everything considered,
- Finally, it may be concluded,
- Finally/ Lastly,
The conclusion paragraph should restate your thesis, summarize the key supporting ideas you discussed throughout the work, and offer your final impression on the central idea. This final summation should also contain the moral of your story or a revelation of a deeper truth.Nov 8, 2020
|LOGICAL RELATIONSHIP||TRANSITIONAL EXPRESSION|
|Conclusion/Summary||finally, in a word, in brief, briefly, in conclusion, in the end, in the final analysis, on the whole, thus, to conclude, to summarize, in sum, to sum up, in summary|