: something due (see due entry 1) or owed: such as. a : something that rightfully belongs to one give him his due. b : a payment or obligation required by law or custom : debt. c dues plural : fees, charges membership dues.
Middle English nou, from Old English nu "at the present time, at this moment, immediately; now that," also used as an interjection and as an introductory word; from Proto-Germanic *nu (source also of Old Norse nu, Dutch nu, Old Frisian nu, German nun, Gothic nu "now"), from PIE *nu "now" (source also of Sanskrit and
DID is used with regular AND irregular verbs in English. Both Do and Does in present tense questions become Did in past tense questions. The main verb (live in the example above) is in its base form (of the infinitive). The auxiliary DID shows that the question is in the past tense.Jun 25, 2021
Am is for the first person singular (I am), is is for the third person singular (he is, she is, it is) and are is for the first person plural (we are), the second person singular and plural (you are) and the third person plural (they are). Was/Were — These two verb forms are used for the past tense.
was or were – Simple Past – Exercise
- I. was. were. in Canberra last spring.
- We. was. were. at school last Saturday.
- Tina. was. were. at home yesterday.
- He. was. were. happy.
- Robert and Stan. was. were. Garry's friends.
- You. was. were. very busy on Friday.
- They. was. were. in front of the supermarket.
- I. was. were. in the museum.
Due means required or expected at a certain time. Due may also mean what someone deserves, dues may refer to expected fees. Due is also one of the top one thousand most frequently used words, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. Due may be used as an adjective, noun and adverb.
(17) Her illness was due to bad food. (18) He had to retire due to ill health. (19) Due to staff shortages(Sentence dictionary)(sentencedict.com), we are unable to offer a full buffet service on this train. (20) Her disappointing exam results are entirely due to her inattention in class.Jul 18, 2016