Argumentative essays are also known as “persuasive essays,” “opinion essays,” or “position papers.” In an argumentative essay, the author adopts a position on a debatable issue and uses reason and evidence to convince the reader of his/her opinion. Argumentative essays generally follow this structure.
- Begin with a topic sentence that clearly states your topic and opinion about this topic.
- Provide strong reasons that explain, or support, your opinion.
- Give details that explain each reason.
- Let the audience hear your voice.
- Restate your opinion and sum up your ideas in the last sentence.
Include the date of the legal statement; the topic of the statement; the date(s) of the topic to be discussed; the basic facts involved in the reasoning for the statement; the identities of all pertinent parties; their connections to the case; and if possible, the signatures of the parties.
Claims Of Facts – Meaning And Examples Of “Claims Of Facts”
- Cancer is a common disease but it is not contagious.
- You could be called Filipino even if you're not born in the Philippines.
- The Philippine Eagle is a critically endangered species.
- Social distancing is important during the coronavirus pandemic.
The argument supporting the thesis of an argumentative essay should be one that can be supported by facts and evidence, rather than personal opinion or cultural or religious mores. In addition to using concrete evidence, you always want to keep the tone of your essay passionate, but impersonal.Jan 29, 2021
USEFUL EXPRESSIONS TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION
- In my opinion, In my eyes,
- To my mind, As far as I am concerned,
- From my point of view,
- My view / opinion / belief / impression / conviction is that
- I would say that
- My impression is that
- I have the feeling that
- I have no doubt that
Voicing opinions makes you vulnerable, especially if you're battling to build self-confidence. It may seem easier to regurgitate popular ideas and play to the mass appeal, but there is something to be said for developing your own convictions and sticking to them.
To conclude your opinion essay, write a paragraph where you restate your opinion using different words. You should avoid introducing a new idea or apologizing for your views. However, to make your essay more engaging, you can end with a warning, ask a provocative question or suggest consequences.
An opinion paragraph, or a short opinion essay, is a type of short argumentative text that writers use to state their beliefs. The best opinion paragraphs make the author's beliefs clear and back them up with solid reasoning. To write an opinion paragraph, you will need to determine your subject first.Jul 24, 2018